Senior Project Manager
Estimated Start Date: February 12, 2018
Salary Range: DOE
Worksite Location: 100 Community Place, Crownsville, MD 21032
Cirdan Group, Inc. is seeking a Senior Project Manager to oversee a project team to conduct the overall project planning, monitoring and control of the Voice over Internet Protocol Transition Project (VoIP) for the Department of Information Technology in Maryland. This position is a full-time, direct hire position that will be contingent based on the contract award to perform the work in the project described below;
The Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Transition Project is a new Major IT Development Project (MITDP). This project will be the modernization of the State’s current voice and data services infrastructure.
Position Description, Duties, and Responsibilities:
This Project Manager will primarily lead this VoIP Transition Project and be responsible for managing and overseeing the implementation of this modernization effort along with actively coordinating with the telecommunications and network teams. In addition, upon request, this Project Manager may assist with other related Information Technology Innovation projects.
The position shall ensure the appropriate application of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the State’s Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in managing the project.
Manage all day to day activities of the transition including the development of the roadmap and scope, and associated to changes to these plans, schedule, scope, and cost.
Establish appropriate strategies and processes to manage the design and installation of the VoIP telephone systems and its associated elements (Hardware/Software, Local Area Networks (LAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) call centers, etc.)
Oversee/Support the site survey assessments and prepared finding reports and implementation plans to conform to required standards.
Provide direction to respective telecommunication and associated project teams within the Department.
Develop respective SDLC and other required documentation, executive level briefings and reports, and statements of work (SOW).
Serve as the primary liaison for the VoIP effort within DoIT, and to external Agency stakeholders and vendors.
Other duties as assigned by the State Project Manager (PM)/Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO).
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline. Master’s degree with current project management certification (PMP) from PMI is preferred.
2. At least ten (10) years of experience in project management.
Selected candidate must pass successful background check, credit check and provide references.
1. At least ten (10) years of experience in managing IT related projects.
2. Demonstrated at least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
3. At least three (3) years of experience in managing VoIP projects and at least two (2) years of experience in either contact centers, LAN/WAN, or Wireless projects.
4. Experience developing planning and implementation documentation, reports, briefings, and process documents.
5. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
6. Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) Certified Convergent Network Technologies (CCNT) or Convergent Technologies Professional (CTP) Certification is preferred.
Interested candidates that meet the requirements should submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.