Service Desk - Desktop Support
Full Time Service Desk - Desktop Support
Start Date: ASAP
Cirdan Group has an immediate opening for a full-time Desktop support position located at our client site in Annapolis, Maryland.
JIS has significant numbers of desktop and peripheral installations and cyclical replacements over the next three years as a result of the MDEC rollout across the State of Maryland. As such, the ongoing demands for the Desktop Support group exceed its capacity to provide the expected level of customer service with existing resources.
• Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and other related peripherals.
• Process customer incidents and requests from the Desktop Support work queue in the JIS ITSM system (ServiceNow).
• Perform technology refreshes.
• Be proactive in anticipating and resolving problems. Take ownership and initiative for problem resolution, spot potential problem areas, analyze solutions, propose resolution and ensure implementation. Take the term “customer service” to heart.
• Maintain password, data integrity and file system security for the computing environment.
• Document procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions.
• Always ensure the customer is left ‘whole’ after any work activity (i.e., requisite hardware, software, peripherals and all processes are functioning as required). Validate with customer prior to leaving the assignment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of desktop hardware, software and connectivity.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Active Directory.
• Ability to set priorities and handle multiple competing demands.
• Customer service orientation (e.g., patience, positive customer-friendly attitude, active listening, empathy, professionalism, etc.).
• Proven problem solving, communication and inter-personal skills.
• Willingness to proactively seek out solutions (including collaborating with peers) prior to contacting Desktop Support management for assistance.
• Willingness to document and share knowledge with peers toward maturity and success of the entire team.
• Ability to document work activities into meaningful incidents or tasks in the Judiciary ITSM system (ServiceNow).
• Personal planning & organization skills.
• Team oriented. Shows respect for customers, team members, peers and management.
• Continually update and enhance your basic skills in hardware, software and systems through your own efforts and Judiciary training.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline. Three (3) years of successfully progressive experience in a desktop support role can substitute for any or all of the education requirement.
• This position requires a minimum of one (1) year of successful experience as a desktop support technician.
• Practical experience with an enterprise incident management system.
• Practical experience with ServiceNow is a plus.
• Certification from CompTIA, Microsoft or HDI are a plus.
Place of Performance:
All work shall be performed at the Maryland Judiciary’s JIS Department located at 2661 Riva Road, Suite 900, Annapolis, Maryland 21401, however, work assignments may be in any county in the State of Maryland and Baltimore City.
Hours of Work:
Work hours are typically Monday through Friday, day shift hours. However, specific work assignments may require second or third shift activities or weekend activities The JIS Project Manager or Department/Senior Manager must approve work prior to or after normal operation hours, not to exceed 2,040 hours per year.
Selected candidate must pass successful background check, credit check and provide references.
Interested candidates that meet the requirements should submit their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements